Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#348 closed defect (fixed)

Send button doesn't work

Reported by: sullybeck@… Owned by:
Version: 0.8.4 Keywords:
Cc:

Description

I just saw the closed ticket about the send button not working... but it's happening for me with the most recent version.

Here's the setup. I have a thunderbird mail list defined in my addressbook which goes to just two addresses:

Doe, John <jdoe@…> Doe, John <jdoe@…>

In my virtualIdentity.rdf, I see the following entries:

<RDF:li RDF:resource="URL/Doe, John <jdoe@aol.com>"/>

<RDF:Description RDF:about="URL/Doe, John <jdoe@aol.com>"

NS1:email="myemail@gmail.com" NS1:fullName="Sullivan Beck" NS1:name="Doe, John <jdoe@…>" />

and

<RDF:Description RDF:about="URL/Doe, John <jdoe@gmail.com>"

NS1:email="myemail@gmail.com" NS1:fullName="Sullivan Beck" NS1:name="Doe, John <jdoe@…>" />

<RDF:li RDF:resource="URL/Doe, John <jdoe@gmail.com>"/>

(I've clarified the entries by replacing the http://virtual-id.absorb.it... piece with URL and I've replaced &lt; and &gt; with less then and greater then signs).

So, I compose an email to another address (not a mail list) and it works fine with this virtual identity, but when I send to the list, the Send button does nothing at all. Not only that, but if I cancel the message and then go back and compose a message to the non-list email address, the send button doesn't work there either.

I did find the following errors in my error log:

====

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIAbDirectory.childCards]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://v_identity/content/vI_storage.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 341" data: no]

====

Error: An error occurred executing the cmd_sendButton command: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIAbDirectory.childCards]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://v_identity/content/vI_storage.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 341" data: no] Source File: chrome://global/content/globalOverlay.js Line: 100

clicking on the link to globalOverlay.js, I see:

function goDoCommand(aCommand) {

try {

var controller = top.document.commandDispatcher

.getControllerForCommand(aCommand);

if (controller && controller.isCommandEnabled(aCommand))

controller.doCommand(aCommand);

} catch (e) {

Components.utils.reportError("An error occurred executing the " +

==> aCommand + " command: " + e);

}

}

(the line beginning with ==> is highlighted)

====

I hope some of this is helpful. I really don't know what's going on, so I tried to include all the information I could find (and possibly more than you need).

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Change History (1)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by rene

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

Hi,

thanks for the report, fixed with [0f72bbaafc8bc], conained in release 0.8.5.

Nice regards, Rene

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.